KJ Dollshouses Street Scene

Sunday 8 July 2012

Furnishing My Houses


When I am taking houses to shows and taking photographs to put new houses on my website or for magazine articles I do like to furnish the rooms so people can get an idea of how the rooms will look and also so they can appreciate how much space is available in each room.

I am lucky enough to be friends with Gary and Heidi Masters of Masters Miniatures, (www.mastersminiatures.com) who always kindly lend me their furniture to enable me to do this.

Although they carry a vast range they are always happy to take on special commissions, which is what they did for the 2 thrones shown in the first two photographs. I found a french website for a company who make the full size furniture and gave the photos to Gary who made them up for me. 


I know I probably don't furnish them to everyones liking and people who buy my houses will have their own opinions on how they should be dressed, but so far every house I have sold either at shows or commission builds, the customer has also bought the furniture I have displayed in the houses.



The first few shows I exhibited at I didn't take any furniture and it therefore only use to take me about 30 minutes to unload my house and dress the table ready for the show, but now I have a new found respect for all of those artisans who exhibit at shows and make their stands look so good. It now takes me a couple of hours to carefully unpack all of the furniture which is individually bubble wrapped and to place it all. I certainly find positioning all of the place settings a royal pain, especially the knifes and forks, as I position one I tend to dislodge a further 2.

I can see why it take ssome exhibitors hours to dress their stands and then to repack it all.
 









I am always on the look out for new and different furnishing and accessory ideas so please feel free to make any suggestions you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment